If you have been assisting your clients with their Wills, Trusts and Powers of Attorney as part of their planning for the future, do you know what could happen next?
By attending our LPAs, Deputyship, Financial Assessments & Challenges course, you can equip yourself for the ‘next stage’ of advising and assisting your clients, and in turn their families when they look to you for guidance in the future.
Given the likelihood of increased challenges to long term care funding as a result of a lack of public funds, are you familiar with the financial assessment process and the difficulties it can present? Be ready to guide your clients through the maze at a difficult and stressful time.
Attend our course to feel more confident when talking to your clients about what might happen in later life, and after death.
LPAs and Deputyship
- Capacity – a recap
- LPAs and why all clients need them
- What an Attorney can do under an LPA
- Some ‘real life’ cases
- Deputyship – for when there is no other option
- The process – and what should happen when a client enters long term care
- How it is funded
Challenges to Financial Assessments
- What you need to know about the approach of local authorities when assessing long term care funding
- What is involved in challenging a financial assessment
- The possible outcomes in the event of a dispute
- Real cases we have dealt with