Summary of Key Responsibilities and Role
The in-house conveyancing department deal with conveying properties into and out of trust which includes reviewing Land Registry titles and preparing the relevant deeds and Land Registry forms, as well as learning the post-completion process.
- To deal with Conveyancing into Trust transactions including unregistered titles where appropriate to experience and training as well as learning the post-completion process.
- To make effective use of case management systems and ensure efficient use of time and resources.
- Review CDD to confirm the client’s identity & any beneficial ownership.
- Ability to check Title prior to preparation of documents.
- Prepare Conveyancing documents and associated documents.
- Prepare closing packs for clients once a matter is complete.
- Prepare financial statements and invoices where required.
- Comply with internal and external Service Level Agreements
- Use online and/or other updating systems effectively.
- Deal with routine calls for updates from advisors / third parties.
- Report any customer service issues or complaints to the Team Leader
IT & Systems
To make effective use of the: –
- Case Management and Voicemail systems
- Microsoft & Email systems
- Internet and Intranet
- To make appropriate recommendations for service improvement
- To undertake any other appropriate duties as may be required.
- To attend and complete relevant training.
- To co-operate with and take part in the business’s appraisal process.
- To demonstrate support for the Firm’s development and values.
- Keenness to problem solve.
- Liaise with solicitors in relation to trust property.
- Navigate and produce conveyancing docs.
You will need to have experience working in a busy office environment and excellent administration and organisational skills. Experience working in conveyancing would be desirable but not essential as training will be provided on the job when necessary.
- Administrative skills: You should be familiar with all aspects of general office duties and admin.
- You should be PC literate: You will require a thorough working knowledge of using MS Outlook/Word and a basic level of MS Excel.
- Excellent communication skills: a high standard of written English is required to respond to enquiries.
- Excellent customer service: employees should be able to deal with telephone calls in a professional and efficient manner. Electronic searches using the company’s systems (whilst the caller is on the telephone) may be used to resolve any queries the caller may have.
- We are a service industry and therefore high standards of professionalism are required when dealing with Clients and Advisors alike.
- You must have the ability to learn quickly and be a team player.
- You must have good computer skills, our workflows are centered around our electronic systems; employees, therefore, should be able to carry out searches, electronically view documents, input data, and correspond by e-mail quickly and efficiently following training.
- You must be professional and have excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and friendly team player.
- Flexible individual who can respect and support others within a team.
- Commitment and loyalty to the organisation’s values and mission.