Summary of Key Responsibilities and Role
You will be responsible for assisting the Central Services Team with different projects, acting as their first point of contact for any enquiries.
The role requires effective HR administration relating to the employment lifecycle, as well as maintaining accurate records on all employees, contractors & business contracts to uphold this.
- Recruitment & Selection: Co-ordinate recruitment through creating documents, logging application forms and administering recruitment campaigns.
- Onboarding & Induction: Ensure the contracts are in place correctly, and that software and hardware are in place for all new starters. You will also be involved in induction meetings to ensure employees are aware of their requirements.
- Payroll: Ensure all payroll instructions are prepared and logged in time for the monthly payroll.
- Appraisal & Staff Development: Assist with the appraisal cycle by keeping a record of completions. You will also coordinate the completion of any mandatory training for staff.
- HR Database & Reporting: Use SAGE to respond do any queries, as well as control user access and data flows to ensure accuracy. Reports will also need to be provided to monitor training.
- Advice & Guidance: provide advice on HR related queries and on business policies, at times conducting professional meetings for these.
- Leaver Administration: Ensure any resignations are acknowledged in a timely manner and a exit interview is completed.
- General Administration: Sorting post, taking calls, and answering emails for the Central Services Team. Ensure any personnel files are archived promptly and effectively. Take meeting minutes, circulating agreed action as required.
- Workstation & Risk Assessments: To be completed and reviewed appropriately.
- Previous administration experience is ideal but not
- We are looking for someone with a “can do” attitude who will thrive on working in a busy office environment, with daily deadlines.
- Preferably the candidate will have experience in answering and dealing with telephone calls and emails in a professional and efficient manner.
- Ideally you will have a good understanding of using Microsoft, Outlook, Word, and a basic level of knowledge of using Microsoft Excel.
- Willing to learn new internal systems (training will be given for these).
- You must have the ability to work independently and a positive attitude toward problem-solving.
Key Knowledge & Required Skills
You must be a motivated and organised self-starter with the ability to work independently and a positive can-do attitude towards problem-solving.
You must be a deadline-driven team player who is organised and focused. You must have excellent communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Computer literate (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Team player
- Flexible and willingness to learn
- Quick learner and adaptable
- Self-motivated, proactive, and friendly team player
- Flexible individual who can respect and support others within a team
- Commitment and loyalty to the organisation’s values & misson