Responsible to: Probate Team Leader
Within this role you will work with a growing and busy team of administrators responsible for all probate matters.
You will work closely with members of your own team and various other departments.
You will make effective use of case management systems and ensure efficient use of time and resources.
- Dealing with third parties such as banks and financial institutions to obtain date of death valuations via correspondence/telephone calls as required.
- Preparing IHT and probate forms for the Court and HMRC.
- Liaising with our advisors and clients by telephone and email, and face to face meetings where required.
- Liaising with lay executors (such as family members) and other professional partners where applicable (in the main this could be solicitors and accountants).
- Assisting with the sale and purchase of probate properties and investments once the grant is obtained.
- Collecting monies.
- Maintaining probate accounts.
- Dealing with the distribution of the funds in the appropriate manner.
Key Knowledge & Required Skills
- Excellent Admin and organisational skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Comfortable with using computerised systems.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- You will need to be conscientious. • You will be a good communicator, confident on the phone and writing emails. • Competent with diary management. • Good inter-personal skills and understanding manner.
- Positive “can-do” mature attitude.