Summary of Key Responsibilities and Role
Within this role you will work with a growing and busy team of Case Managers, Practitioners, and administrators responsible for ensuring cases are moved on expediently and proficiently.
- Oversight of the team administrators work and processes in relation to your cases
- Liaise with bereaved clients and their advisers as well as banks, investment providers and other organisations relating to a deceased estate
- Full interpretation of Wills and Trusts
- Monitoring the team inbox and other communication medium
- Further your cases and deal with institutions, the Probate Registries and HMRC and assist fellow case handlers with the same
- Drafting of legal documents and including the completion/submission of PA1p, IHT400s, occasionally IHT205 and associated forms
- Update and maintain estate accounts / internal systems
- Understanding of inheritance tax and any exemptions that may apply
- Basic understanding of income tax / capital gains tax
- Arranging and allocating payments from estates as well as payment of inheritance tax to HMRC where applicable
- Arranging for the collation of relevant data to allow the completion of trust tax returns and ensuring that records are maintained
- Provide occasional internal training for the Probate and other teams within the Group.
Key Knowledge & Required Skills
- Excellent customer service skills are required to provide a professional and efficient service.
- Excellent communication skills are required to be able to respond to enquiries.
- You must have excellent case management skills; you must be familiar with all aspects of probate case management including liaison with both the probate registry and HMRC.
- You much be a fast learner and be able to adapt to new computer systems.
- You must have excellent attention to detail with a strong ability to prioritise