Department: Estate Planning
Responsible to: Estate Planning Team Leader
The Estate Planning Team is a growing, with a wealth of technical knowledge and experience whose role is varied – from providing estate planning guidance to over 2,000 consultants nationwide, to dealing with their own private client cases, acting as a professional trustee and chairing trustee meetings and providing technical support to our numerous in-house teams.
To name a few areas we deal with for our consultants: Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Probate and Estate Administration, Deeds of Variation, Trust Administration, Taxation, Cross Option Agreements, Life Assurance, Pensions and Investments.
- Providing technical support to the team administering estates.
- Advice around the implications of buying and selling trust and estate assets including properties.
- Considering the implications of transferring trust assets in and out of trusts.
- Chairing basic level trustees’ meetings.
- All manner of trust administration, including trust tax returns, with the support of another team.
- Assisting with the drafting of more complex documentation such as Deeds of Variation and Cross Option Agreements.
- Dealing with Technical Queries from both external partners and our in-house Processing, Conveyancing, Trust Management and Administration teams requiring support and assistance.
- Providing full Estate Planning Advice to advisers and on occasion, clients.
- Providing advice on Existing Wills and other estate planning documentation.
Key Knowledge & Required Skills
- You must be highly motivated and want to increase your technical knowledge learning from experienced private client practitioners – don’t be afraid to ask questions, that’s how we all learnt!
- You must have the ability to learn quickly and be a team player.
- You must be highly organised and have an eye for detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.